To add this grant to your saved grant list, click the "add to my grants" button below. You will be able to remove it from your saved grants list at any time.
I Love My Librarian Award
|Contact:||Megan McFarlane, Campaign Coordinator|
American Library Association
50 E. Huron
Chicago, IL 60611
|Description:||The Carnegie Corporation of New York and New York Times I Love My Librarian Award recognizes the accomplishments of exceptional public, school, college, community college, or university librarians. The award honors librarians who are improving the lives of people at schools, campuses, and in communities. To nominate a librarian in your community, consider the following questions:|
1. Why should your nominee win this award? What sets him or her apart?
2. How has the nominee helped you or students at school? For example, did the nominee help you with a project, recommend resources, or collaborate with you to enhance student learning?
3. How does the nominee make the school a better place?
4. How has the library, and the nominee in particular, had an impact on students and the learning process?
5. How has the individual demonstrated leadership in the school community?
Librarians must hold a masterís degree in library and information studies from an American Library Association accredited program or a masterís degree with a specialty in school library media from an education unit accredited by the National Council for the Accreditation of Teacher Education. Librarians must currently be working in a public library, college or university, or kindergarten through grade 12 school in the United States.
|Eligibility:||Public, Private, Charter, Other (including homeschool, 501 (c)(3) organizations)|
|Award(s):||Ten librarians each receive a $5,000 cash award, a plaque, and a travel stipend to attend an awards reception hosted by Carnegie Corporation of New York, in New York City.|
|Deadline(s):||Nominations are due September 19, 2016.|