To add this grant to your saved grant list, click the "add to my grants" button below. You will be able to remove it from your saved grants list at any time.
Global Teacher Prize
Attn: Global Teacher Prize
St. Albans House 2nd Fl.
London, SW1Y 4QX UK
Phone: (02.07) 593.4040 (International)
|Description:||The Global Teacher Prize is an annual $1 million award from the Varkey Foundation to be given to an innovative and caring teacher who has made an inspirational impact on their students and their community. Teachers must be at least 18 years old at the time of entry and must teach or provide educational support to students between the ages of five and 18 in a compulsory setting.|
The contest judges evaluate applications based on the following criteria:
• Employing innovative and effective instructional practices that are replicable and scalable to influence the quality of global education.
• Accomplishments beyond the classroom that provide models of excellence for the teaching profession and others.
• Encouraging teachers to stay in the teaching profession and encouraging others to join the teaching profession. Contributions to public debates on raising the bar of the teaching profession (e.g., articles, blogs, media and social media campaigns, events, conferences).
• Preparing children to be global citizens by providing them with a values-based education.
• Third-party recognition of a teacher’s achievement in the classroom and beyond, including pupils, colleagues, head-teachers, or members of the wider community.
• Achieving demonstrable student learning outcomes in the classroom through improving student grades, attendance, behavior, or helping students become high achievers in the world of work.
Teachers must first be nominated. Anyone can nominate a teacher. Nominated teachers must then submit an application. The complete terms and conditions are available at http://www.globalteacherprize.org/terms-and-conditions.
|Eligibility:||Public, Private, Charter, Other (including homeschool, 501 (c)(3) organizations)|
|Award(s):||One prize of $1 million is awarded.|
|Deadline(s):||Applications are due October 14, 2016.|
|Focus:||Adult Scholarships/Fellowships, Community Involvement, General Education, Professional Development|
Themes and Skills: