To add this grant to your saved grant list, click the "add to my grants" button below. You will be able to remove it from your saved grants list at any time.
Global Teacher Prize
Attn: Global Teacher Prize
St. Albans House 2nd Fl.
London, SW1Y 4QX UK
|Description:||The Global Teacher Prize is an annual $1 million award from the Varkey Foundation to be given to an innovative and caring teacher who has made an inspirational impact on their students and their community. Teachers must be at least 18 years old at the time of entry and must teach or provide educational support to students between the ages of five and 18 in a school setting.|
The contest judges will evaluate applications based on the following criteria:
• Innovative and effective instructional practices and student learning outcomes in the classroom and school.
• Accomplishments beyond the classroom that provide role models for the teaching profession, whether through charitable community work or sporting, academic, or cultural achievement.
• Contributions to public debates on raising the bar of the teaching profession (e.g., articles, blogs, media and social media campaigns, events, conferences).
• Preparing children to be global citizens in a world where they will encounter people from many different religions, cultures, and nationalities.
• Third-party recognition of a teacher’s achievement in the classroom and beyond, including pupils, colleagues, head-teachers, or members of the wider community (government, faith organizations, and businesses).
• Achieving demonstrable student learning outcomes in the classroom through improving student grades, attendance, behavior, or helping students become high achievers in the world of work.
Teachers may apply for the prize or be nominated by someone else. Applications and nominations are submitted online by the deadline. The complete terms and conditions are available at http://www.globalteacherprize.org/terms-and-conditions.
|Eligibility:||Public, Private, Charter, Other (including homeschool, 501 (c)(3) organizations)|
|Award(s):||One prize of $1 million is awarded.|
|Deadline(s):||Applications and nominations are due October 10, 2015.|
|Focus:||Adult Scholarships/Fellowships, Community Involvement, General Education, Professional Development|
Themes and Skills: